Adobong Pusit

This was a dish I couldn't eat for the longest time. I used to love it when it's served when I was growing up. My uncle usually makes it as a "pulutan" for his drinking sessions with his buddies.

One time, while enjoying lunch, I came across a squid that had a little too much to eat. I ended up with whatever was in his stomach - couldn't eat another bite after that

So whenever I come across this dish, I would carefully check who washed the squid and who cooked it. If it was someone I didn't know, I wouldn't touch the dish with a 10-foot pole.

But this dish is tasty, especially if made the right way.

To cook:

Wash the squid thoroughly. Detach the body from the head, remove the stomach and the ink sac. You can include the ink sac, but it would make the dish very black. You can add a few if you want for color. Pat dry and set aside.

Depending on the size of the squid, you can slice them to size or leave them as is.

Saute garlic and onion on a small amount of oil. Add bay leaf.

Add about a cup of coconut milk and let boil.

Cook the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Add a chili to make it a bit spicy. Add the squid ink.

When coconut milk is cooked, add the squid. Simmer until squid is cooked (it should turn pink).

Comments